Live simply

Love generously

Care deeply

Speak kindly

Monday, February 8, 2010

~ Firmly On The Ground
























It’s the season and that means we’re seeing things that we only see during the season. We’re seeing more hot air balloons drifting lazily across the sky. We’re seeing more and more ‘parade’ cars driving up and down the 111. Parade cars are the cars that the old people drive at a rip roaring speed of 25 mph....instead of the posted 50mph. They go this slow so everyone (and I mean everyone) is sure to get a good look at their car. Just today I passed a red Maserati and yeah, it was toodling along at about 25mph.


Another thing we see more of is this...this contraption in the picture. Motorized Parasailing. I’m here to tell you that not only is there not enough wine in the state of California, but there’s not enough tequila in Mexico to get me on one of these things. We mostly see them on the weekends but we hear them long before we see them.


Seriously, can you picture yourself up in one of these things? God knows how many feet up in the air you are with your feet dangling into nothingness. I try to picture myself doing something brave and daring like this. And then my mind starts to wander and I imagine the engine dying and conking out with my feet dangling in nothingness.


I once again remind myself that no amount of wine or tequila will ever have me being this brave and sometimes being a coward isn't such a bad thing.


My feet will continue to stay firmly on the ground.




No comments:

Post a Comment