Live simply

Love generously

Care deeply

Speak kindly

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

~ Surprise, Surprise
















Nothing brings a smile to my face faster than the laughter of my children. The sound of their voices and their laughter filling a room puts me in a total state of bliss. Needless to say, I’ve been in heaven this week.


We flew into Omaha on Friday to surprise Lynsay for her birthday. She knew we were coming to town for my niece’s graduation party, but she wasn’t expecting us until the following Friday .


The minute our plane touched down at Eppley on Friday afternoon, KJ’s phone started ringing. It was Lynsay. A few minutes later when we were waiting for our luggage, KJ’s dad called. I didn’t dare answer it while in the airport because they had no clue we were coming to town. They’re terrible secret keepers so we had to keep this visit a secret from them, too.


I stepped outside to call him back and he wanted to inform me that Lynsay had been trying to reach us all day. I made up this huge story about a wind storm and how power was knocked out, blah blah blah. I thanked him and told him I’d give Lynsay a call. I then sent Lynsay a text message, giving her the same story, apologized for worrying her and then told her I’d give her a call later that night.


Imagine her surprise when we walked into Brix 45 minutes later. Talk about the best surprise ever. We were able to celebrate her birthday with her and her friends on Saturday night (we were the drivers...lol) and omg, have you guys ever been to Club Patrick??? Good Lord . . . .


But the surprises weren’t over. I had told Erin that we wouldn’t be able to be here for her graduation party. Have you guys ever seen her pout when her Aunt Mickey can’t be in town for her? Hell, now that I think about it, she’s been pouting ever since I left! Ha! Imagine her surprise when I went to school on Monday morning. I don’t think she knew whether to laugh or cry so she did a little bit of both. God, I love that child.


It’s been a week of surprises, a week of laughter and smiles and the good thing is....I’m here for 3 more days.


(The picture is of Lynsay and my niece, Erin’s sister Kristin at their first bar stop on Saturday night)

No comments:

Post a Comment