Live simply

Love generously

Care deeply

Speak kindly

Thursday, April 1, 2010

~ For You
















This is something I came across that I felt was worth sharing with my daughter, my sister & sisters-in law, my nieces, my Ya Ya’s . . . .


To me, you are all astoundingly beautiful and full of strength. Thank you for being who you are and for sharing with me the wonder of your ways.


~ Finding Her Here


I am becoming the woman I've wanted,

grey at the temples,

soft body, delighted,

cracked up by life

with a laugh that's known bitter

but, past it, got better,

knows she's a survivor-

that whatever comes,

she can outlast it.

I am becoming a deep

weathered basket.


I am becoming the woman I've longed for,

the motherly lover

with arms strong and tender,

the growing daughter

who blushes surprises.

I am becoming full moons

and sunrises.


I find her becoming,

this woman I've wanted,

who knows she'll encompass,

who knows she's sufficient,

knows where she's going

and travels with passion.

Who remembers she's precious,

but knows she's not scarce-

who knows she is plenty,

plenty to share.


Jayne Relaford Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment