Live simply

Love generously

Care deeply

Speak kindly

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

~ Blessings















12- Books. My love of books comes from my mom. From the time I was small, she taught me to appreciate the gift of books and the written word. I remember when I was in grade school, I’d be the one who would get the certificates for reading the most books over the summer and during the school year. To this day, I keep a ‘book diary’, keeping track of books I want to read and books I have already read. Thank you mom, for fueling the fire; I will be forever grateful.

13- Music. I love music and I have my dad to thank for that. He was in the radio broadcasting business and music was a staple in my life. Some of my earliest memories are of my dad playing his banjo while singing along. My mom would smile and sometimes sing along and I’d be twirling around to the beat of the music upstairs in my room. While I don’t have a talented musical bone in my body, (I learned this in junior high while in band) thanks to my dad, I can definitely appreciate music and everything that entails.

14- My job. Can I just tell you how much I love my job??? Seriously. Not counting the almost 3 years that we lived in California, I’ve had this job for 12 years. I started working at the high school in 1996 and was ever so thankful when I got my exact same job back just this past March. Having my job back has saved me in so many ways. Thankful. So very thankful.

15- Weekends. Seriously, who doesn’t love weekends? Weekends are reserved for sleeping in, spending time with friends and family, running errands, and vegging. Yep, gotta love weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment