Live simply

Love generously

Care deeply

Speak kindly

Monday, November 28, 2011

~ Blessings















16- California. I’m very fortunate that we can go back to California for vacations and holidays. Especially during those winter when I need to thaw out my bones.

17- Health. Considering the fact that I’m over-weight and going on a diet and exercise plan would work wonders for me, I’m amazingly healthy. In a world when so many of our friends and family members either have cancer, have lost their fight to cancer or have some other dreaded illness, I’m thankful that KJ, the kids and myself are all in good health.

18- Murphy. What would I do without my shadow? KJ bought him for me when we were living in California to keep me company because he was traveling so much. There were many days when Murphy was the only living thing I’d see. I swear he can look right into my eyes and understand every word I say to him. And I know he can sense when I need him to just sit close to me. His entire world revolves around me and while there are days when I’m a crabby pants, he still loves me. Unconditionally.

19- The right to an education. I am so thankful that KJ and I were able to provide our kids with a good education. They both made it through college with degrees in fields that they like and because of that, they both have jobs in their field and are able to provide for themselves.

20- Technology. The things we can do with technology these days amazes me!

21- Canada. Karen, I miss you and I am incredibly blessed to have you in my life. That is all.

22- Nebraska. I’ve lived in Nebraska since I was 16 years old and even though I was born and raised in Oklahoma City, Nebraska is my home. I absolutely hated this place when I first moved here. I was a senior in high school and the last thing I wanted to do was move to a new state and make new friends. I was sure I would hate it (and I did) but as I got older, I grew to love it here. Nebraska is where I ‘grew up’, met and married my husband, and raised my family. This is definitely home. Oh yeah, I’m a Big Red fan, too!!

23- “Material” things. A roof over my head, clothes on my back and food on my table.

24- Holidays. That time of year when your friends and loved ones gather together to enjoy the warmth and love of fellowship that only they can provide.

25- Black Friday. That one day out of the year where you don’t sleep. You shop, drink lots of coffee, and stand outside in the dark and cold for deals that will surely be there the following week. But most of all, you make incredible memories.









No comments:

Post a Comment