Live simply

Love generously

Care deeply

Speak kindly

Thursday, December 17, 2009

~ Rudolph, Is That You?

















On Dasher and Dancer, Prancer and Vixen . . .

Comet and Cupid and Donner and . . .

Mercedes???


What happened to Blitzen? Does Santa have a new reindeer that I don’t know about? And why is this one green and made of metal??


It seems everywhere you go in the valley, you see more and more cars and SUV’s decorated with these fuzzy brown antlers and a BIG Rudolph nose. Seriously, what’s the big draw here? Is it just me? Am I the only one who thinks this looks totally ridiculous? I know it's Christmas. But seriously!


If I had a Mercedes, (dreaming big, here) the last thing I’d put on that car would be a big red nose. And antlers sticking out the top of the windows. *shudders @ the thought*


Now, stop for just a second and try to imagine, if you will, the look on KJ’s face if I were to pull up in the driveway with my car all pimped out and looking like one of Santa’s rockin' reindeer.


First thing he’d do (after picking his jaw up off of the driveway) would be to ask me if I was lost. He’d then point me in the direction of the nearest trailer park!


In Council Bluffs. Which is in Iowa. Which is directly across the bridge from Omaha. hmmmm . . .


. . . where can I get me a set of those antlers???

No comments:

Post a Comment