Live simply

Love generously

Care deeply

Speak kindly

Friday, July 24, 2009

~ Welcome To The Real World






















It’s finally happened ~ 11 weeks after Ryan received his college diploma, he’s now entering the work force as a college graduate. Yay!!!! His 5 years of college and hard work has finally paid off. He’s been struggling since graduation and not finding a job in his field has made it, at least to him, seem as if he were still in college.


Today, as I sit here writing, he’s moving back to Papillion. He’s found a nice apartment not far from our old house and he starts his new job at Utility Equipment on Monday. Some of you might recognize that name because Ryan worked there a few summers ago and during Christmas break.


The downside of this new job ~ seems there's always a downside ~ is the fact that he now won’t be coming out here next month. Both kids were supposed to fly out here on the 14th but with a new job, Ryan won’t be able to make it. Don't get me wrong; while I’m thrilled to death that he’s found a job, I’m devastated that they won’t be here next month. It's my selfish side shining through ~ I want to see my kids.


Lynsay is like me ~ she hates to fly and the thought of her getting on a plane by herself ~ ha! so not gonna happen.


It’s a bittersweet time ~ I’m so excited for Ryan and this new chapter that he’s starting but at the same time, I'm sad that the new job has interfered with his upcoming visit.


I miss them . . . .


How many days til Thanksgiving?

No comments:

Post a Comment