Live simply

Love generously

Care deeply

Speak kindly

Monday, September 28, 2009

~ Mother-izing






















I’ve been accused of ‘mother-izing’ Ryan’s apartment! Is there even such a word? I’m thinking no. Actually, he told his dad that Lynsay and I made it ‘all girly.’ I got into Omaha last Wednesday afternoon and by Wednesday night, Lynsay and I were on a mission. I took the kids to La Mesa for dinner and afterwards, we went across the street to Super Target. We picked up the basics ~ dishes, glassware, cutlery, kitchen towels, etc. On Thursday, I finished up with bath rugs, bath towels, a lamp for the kitchen counter and a big candle. Vanilla scented.


On Thursday night after I got home from having dinner with some friends, Ryan told me that Tucker had come by and Ryan had to warn him.....”When you get here, if you notice anything different...my mom is in town.” pfft!!


I’m thinking it’s the candle that makes it girly but I gotta tell ya, it does wonders for getting the boy smell out of the apartment! This morning I cleaned his bathroom and the kitchen, ran the vacuum, dusted and did his laundry. I can leave in the morning knowing that his apartment is clean, his pantry is full and if he gets in an accident, at least he’ll have clean underwear on!




Mother-izing . . . . maybe not such a bad thing afterall.

No comments:

Post a Comment