Live simply

Love generously

Care deeply

Speak kindly

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

~ Rodeo Drive

When we got into LA, the first thing we did was have lunch at a place KJ had seen on one of the shows on the Food Network channel. We can’t remember, though, if he saw it on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives or a different show. Anyway, the name of the diner is called Langer’s Deli and their speciality is pastrami sandwichs. Hot, cold, with coleslaw, without coleslaw. On a bun or on rye bread. The sandwiches were huge and omg, they were so good. Thick slices of pastrami piled high on warm rye bread with some kind of Russian dressing. KJ had his with coleslaw, I had mine without. Both were absolutely delish! And the fries.....crinkle fries that were nice and crispy and delivered to our table right out of the fryer. Stinkerbell would have loved them!


The highlight of our adventure into LA was Rodeo Drive. I’ve seen it on TV, as I’m sure most of you have, but naturally, it’s totally different seeing it through your own eyes.


First, we just drove down the street looking at all the stores. KJ kept asking me if I wanted him to stop and park so we could get out and walk and I kept saying, “NO! I’ll feel like such a tourist with my mouth hanging open.” He laughed and pointed to a group of women with cameras and said, “What do you think they are?”


So, we drove all the way down to the end, past the Beverly Hills Hotel then up and around a neighborhood of really BIG houses with lots of privacy fences and hedges going on. Then we headed back down the other side of Rodeo Drive, pulled into a parking garage and hit the stores. Lots of them! I actually dragged KJ into the Coach store, the Louis Vuitton store and the Juicy Couture store.


We really had a nice time strolling up and down but I have to say that I was a little disappointed. I didn’t see one single celebrity. Not a one. I wonder if they were all shopping at their local Super Target because of the recession??


I did, however, see a really hot red sports car.....notice the pic! Yeah, it’s the back end of the fancy car but only because I’m not sure what the guy driving it would have thought if I had moved to the front of his hot car and started taking pictures. I can see myself now, standing in front of him saying, “Don’t mind me, just taking a few pics of you and your hot car for my friends back home.”


Next stop . . . Santa Monica!














No comments:

Post a Comment