Live simply

Love generously

Care deeply

Speak kindly

Monday, August 31, 2009

~ Adventures In L.A. ~ Part One

It’s been 115 degrees in the valley this past week and from the looks of things, it won’t be cooling down any time soon. I don’t mind the heat but now and then, I enjoy going someplace where the temps are a little cooler. Say, 100 to 105.


On Saturday, KJ and I decided to get out of the heat and drive to Santa Monica with a few stops along the way......LA/Rodeo Drive/Hollywood.


The California wildfires are all over the news today and as we were driving into LA, you could immediately see the smoke billowing out from the mountains as you looked off to the right of the I-10.


I immediately grabbed my camera and started taking pictures. It was fascinating, in a disturbing sort of way to see all that smoke, knowing that not that far away, fires were raging across the mountains. If you’re from the midwest, the last thing you expect to see as you’re driving into a huge metropolitan area like LA is smoke billowing in front of you like Hiroshima.


I’ve posted some of the pictures that I took as we were driving into LA of the smoke from the fires and a few other shots. Notice the billboard add for Verizon ~ obviously we were driving through one of the Asian sections of LA and admittedly, I was surprised at the number of Asian television stations and newspaper buildings. But the billboard had me cracking up.


The last two pictures were taken as we were leaving LA that night. The quality isn’t as good as I had hoped because we were driving down the 10 and it was difficult to get a good shot out of the front windshield. But, if you look really close, the orange spots you can see are fires.


Next stop . . . Rodeo Drive











No comments:

Post a Comment