Live simply

Love generously

Care deeply

Speak kindly

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

~ On A Clear Day . . . .



































....you can't always see forever. The picture on the bottom is how I usually see the mountains when I look out my back door ~ on a beautiful clear day the mountains are gorgeous and majestic. There's rarely a cloud in the sky and even more rarely does anything block this spectacular view.

However, this is wild fire season and last week, there were a total of 4 major wild fires burning in the state of California. The picture on the top is my view when the wild fires are burning. We eventually get the smoke, making it very hazy outside. So hazy, that you can barely make out even the outline of the mountains. We can actually smell the smoke in the air, but I'm sure it's not nearly as strong as it is where the fires actually are.

Personally, I prefer the picture on the left ~ beautiful and clear. They're even more beautiful when the first snow comes and the tops are blanketed in white. If I stand out on the patio long enough, I can almost smell that crisp fall air, almost feel the chill from that new blanket of snow.

Close enough for me to enjoy the beauty of it but just far enough away that I don't have to deal with the bone chilling cold.

Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment