Live simply

Love generously

Care deeply

Speak kindly

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

~ Today, I Fell In Love


















Today . . . I fell in love. Briefly.


No, not the “deep in my soul, can’t live without you” love, but love nonetheless.


It was the type of love that makes your heart go pitter patter a little faster. The type of love that makes us sigh deeply and longingly. The type of love that we feel for all of 3 minutes when we encounter a man who is also a gentleman. The kind of man who somewhere, has a mother I would like to meet.


A man who, walking behind me as I was walking into the store today, reached for the door before I got to it, held it open as I walked in and said, “ After you.” It was at that moment that I fell in love with him. If only for a brief moment in time.


Admittedly, I gave him my flirtiest smile as I said thank you. It’s allowed, right? When falling in love, if only for a brief moment, you can give your flirtiest, most brightest smile? If I knew how to bat my eyes, I would have done that, too. If it wasn’t for that pesky piece of paper that says I’m already married, I would have given the man my phone number, asked him out to dinner and then proposed before the dessert tray was brought out. Okay, not really, but falling in love for a brief moment does allow us the opportunity to let our minds wander. If only for a second. Or two.


It’s not every day a woman falls in love for a brief moment. But then again, it’s not every day when we encounter a man who still opens doors for a woman.


(this is where we’re allowed to sigh deeply and longingly)


No comments:

Post a Comment