Live simply

Love generously

Care deeply

Speak kindly

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

~ For Erin






















One of the things I HATE about not being in Omaha is the fact that I'm missing so much. One of the events I'm missing this week is State softball. My niece Erin and the rest of the Papillion LaVista Monarch Softball team are in Hastings, Nebraska right now for State softball.


Erin is a senior this year and I hate that I’m not there at school for her during this last year of high school. Kristin (her sister) had me all through high school but Erin only had me for her Freshman and Sophomore years. Leaving school so I could move to California was hard but leaving her was more than difficult.


From the very second she entered this world, she’s held her own special place in my heart. She was the youngest, the baby, and to me, she’s my ‘baby girl.’ In true redhead fashion, she’s full of piss and vinegar and she won’t hesitate to tell you exactly what she’s thinking or how she’s feeling. She’s not the type to back down or back off from what she believes in.


She and I have this bond and I’ve always tried to be there for her whenever she’s needed me. When I was in Omaha a few weeks ago, I was able to go to a few of her games, including Senior Night. I was thrilled that I could be there for her. You know, not many teenagers are real big on showing affection but Erin...she never fails to let her feelings show when she sees me. We can be in the middle of the hallway at school or in front of all her friends after a softball game and she’ll still throw herself at me, giving me the biggest hug and I gotta tell ya, when she doesn’t let go, my heart is just full of so much love for this beautiful girl.


She knows I’d be in Hastings if I could. She also knows that even though I’m not there in the physical sense, I’m there in the spiritual sense ~ sending her all the love that I can possibly send from here.



Good Luck baby girl ~ bring that title back home where it belongs.


(Erin is the cutie in the sunglasses and yes, baby girl, I stole this pic from your Facebook page. Deal with it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment